[1a] Revelle, R., & Suess, H. E. (1957). Carbon dioxide exchange between atmosphere and ocean and the question of an increase of atmospheric CO2 during the past decades. Tellus, 9(1), 18-27. Link to PDF Post .
- [1b] W. M., Peng, T. H., Emanuel, W. R., King, A. W., Dale, V. H., & DeAngelis, D. L. (1990). The global carbon cycle. American Scientist, 78(4), 310-326. Link to PDF .
 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wEuSfMRB7pU .
[3a] Doran, P. T., & Zimmerman, M. K. (2009). Examining the scientific consensus on climate change. Eos, Transactions American Geophysical Union, 90(3), 22-23. Link to PDF .
- [3b] Anderegg, W. R., Prall, J. W., Harold, J., & Schneider, S. H. (2010). Expert credibility in climate change. Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences, 107(27), 12107-12109. Link to paper.
- [3c] Oreskes, N. (2004). The scientific consensus on climate change. Science, 306(5702), 1686-1686. Link to paper.
- [3d] Cook, J., Nuccitelli, D., Green, S. A., Richardson, M., Winkler, B., Painting, R., … & Skuce, A. (2013). Quantifying the consensus on anthropogenic global warming in the scientific literature. Environmental Research Letters, 8(2), 024024. Link to paper.
- [3e] http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Surveys_of_scientists%27_views_on_climate_change .
 http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Scientific_opinion_on_climate_change#Academies_of_science_.28general_science.29 .
 William Ruckelshaus (Nixon & Reagan appointee), Christine Todd Whitman (GW Bush appointee), Lee Thomas (Reagan appointee), and William Reilly (HW Bush appointee) signed a 2013 NY Times editorial stating: “The only uncertainty about our warming world is how bad the changes will get, and how soon. What is most clear is that there is no time to waste.” http://www.nytimes.com/2013/08/02/opinion/a-republican-case-for-climate-action.html?smid=tw-share&_r=1 .
[6a] http://www.catholicculture.org/news/headlines/index.cfm?storyid=22960 .
- [6b] http://www.catholicsandclimatechange.com/.
- [6c] http://millennialjournal.com/2014/06/16/catholics-against-climate-change-faithful-advocates-for-the-epas-clean-power-plan/ .
[7a] http://www.oikoumene.org/en/@@search?SearchableText=climate+change .
[7b] World Council of Churches endorses divestment from fossil fuels http://gofossilfree.org/usa/press-release/world-council-of-churches-endorses-fossil-fuel-divestment/
[8a] http://www.newevangelicalpartnership.org/?q=node/10 .
- [8b] http://www.npr.org/documents/2006/feb/evangelical/calltoaction.pdf .
- [8c] http://www.slate.com/articles/health_and_science/climate_desk/2014/05/conservative_christians_and_climate_change_five_arguments_for_why_one_should.html .
- [8d] http://www.eenews.net/assets/2013/07/15/document_cw_02.pdf .
- [8e] http://www.christianpost.com/news/climate-change-evangelical-scientists-say-limbaugh-wrong-faith-and-science-compliment-one-another-103470/ .
[9a] http://episcopaldigitalnetwork.com/ens/2014/09/23/worlds-largest-climate-action-march-episcopalians-protest-for-change/ .
[9b] Episcopalians voted to divest from fossil fuel holdings. http://www.dailykos.com/story/2015/07/06/1399623/-Episcopal-church-to-divest-holdings-from-fossil-fuel-industry
[10a] http://www.jewishclimate.org/who-we-are.html ; https://www.facebook.com/JewishClimateCampaign .
- [10b] https://theshalomcenter.org/pope-inspires-300-rabbis-sign-rabbinic-letter-climate-crisis .
[11a] http://www.lutheransrestoringcreation.org/Home/project-elca-cuts-carbon-emissions/reports-on-climate-change-initiative .
[11b] Lutheran World Federation divests from fossil fuel holdings http://gofossilfree.org/lutheran-world-federation-divests/
[12a] http://www.umc.org/news-and-media/marching-for-climate-change-action .
[12b] United Methodist Church voted to divest from fossil fuel holdings http://www.fossilfreeumc.org/blog/2015/1/22/fossil-free-umc-commends-gbophb-decision-to-screen-coal-from-investments/
 http://www.webofcreation.org/ncc/statements/pcusa.html .
 http://www.baptistcreationcare.org/node/1 .
[15a] http://newenergynews.blogspot.com/2013/07/climate-change-and-united-church-of.html .
[15b] United Church of Christ-national divest from fossil fuel holdings. http://gofossilfree.org/commitments/
[16a] http://www.interfaithpowerandlight.org/resources/religious-statements-on-climate-change/ .
[16b] churches voting to divest from fossil fuel holdings. http://gofossilfree.org/commitments/
[17a] http://www.nytimes.com/2014/05/14/us/politics/climate-change-deemed-growing-security-threat-by-military-researchers.html?_r=0 .
- [17b] http://www.scientificamerican.com/article/immediate-risk-to-national-security-posed-by-global-warming/ (The Report cited here has been pulled from or moved at the Defense Department website.)
- [17c] http://grist.org/climate-energy/pentagon-says-we-could-soon-be-fighting-climate-wars/ .
 http://www.cfr.org/climate-change/international-efforts-combat-climate-change/p36341 .
- [19b] https://www.cna.org/reports/climate .
[20a] http://www.globalchange.gov/agency/department-defense .
- [20b] (impacts of sea level rise) https://www.serdp-estcp.org/Featured-Initiatives/Climate-Change-and-Impacts-of-Sea-Level-Rise .
 http://www.iiss.org/en/searchresultpage?q=climate change and security&page=0&size=10 .
[22a] (National Nurses United) http://www.nationalnursesunited.org/content/search-results?cx=007897685949346253992%3A_ydfl1o_9lw&cof=FORID%3A11&ie=UTF-8&q=climate+change&sa=Submit+Query&siteurl=www.nationalnursesunited.org%2F&ref=www.bing.com%2Fsearch&ss=6704j12642674j14
- [22b] (SEIU Health Care Workers East) http://www.1199seiu.org/search#sthash.IqVEviEh.dpbs
- [22c] U.S. Global Change Research Program (USGCRP) released this draft of its report Impacts of Climate Change on Human Health in the United States on April 7, 2015: http://www.globalchange.gov/health-assessment
 Documentation in Paul Epstein, MD’s book “Changing Planet, Changing Health.” Before he died a short time ago, Dr. Epstein was Associate Director of the Center for Health and Global Environment at Harvard Medical School.
[25a] http://earthobservatory.nasa.gov/Features/GlobalWarming/ ;
- [25b] This is a super 18 minute TED talk. http://www.ted.com/talks/james_hansen_why_i_must_speak_out_about_climate_change
- [25c] http://ngm.nationalgeographic.com/big-idea/05/carbon-bath
 Full Interview with Mike Mann @ 21:40 minutes into interview https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k3j9j6WNpRM