I-1??, generally revising energy and taxation law:
- gradually requires electricity supplied by investor-owned utilities to be 80% generated by 2050 from sources like wind, solar, geothermal, and new hydroelectric;
- prohibits rate increases beyond 2% annually for costs caused by the mandates;
- funds worker retraining and pension safety nets;
- levies replacement taxes on each kilowatt of electricity produced to offset coal severance tax and royalty revenue reductions;
- limits most replacement taxes to 80% of savings accruing from the switch to no-fuel-cost electricity;
- requires grid safety and market wages for those installing renewable equipment;
- requires cooperative utilities to poll members to approve adoption of initiative standards;
- expands net metering capability;
- allows governments, churches, and nonprofits to participate in 250 KW net metering systems;
- creates neighborhood renewable energy facilities; and
- requires fixed buyouts in renewable system lease-purchases.
Montana voters, to help gather signatures or to say you’ll sign the paper copy of the Initiative if we bring a copy to you, please click here ;
or send us an email with your contact information at email@example.com
Others please to help.
Page updated 7/19/2017